Wednesday, October 23, 2013

For His Glory


During my Freshman year, I was given the opportunity to lead worship at my youth group. This was an  entirely new experience for me, not only because I'd never sang with a band, but also because the dynamics of this was much different than any other performances I had done. Worship isn't about the music, it's about lifting our voices to praise our Creator. I gained a new perspective on singing and how God intended for me to use my gift for His glory. It was so amazing to open my eyes and see my friends in the crowd and lifting their hands in surrender to God, paying no attention to me singing, but focussing solely on the lyrics of the songs. It was an overwhelming feeling.
Since, no matter what the genre of music I'm singing/performing, I want to use it to glorify God and better his kingdom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment